JB RULES AND POLICIES
1. Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.
2. Not to flame fellow members. Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.
3. Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
4. Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.
5. Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
6. Not to post commercial spam or to post any promotional links, URLs or addresses to a member's own business or that would lead people to your site. Not to post URL links to other forums. Not to flood, post commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations. Any member who violates this prohibition will be banned from all forums on this website.
7. Not to spam other forum members via PM or emails. To do so will result in an immediate ban and a report will be made to spammers' ISPs as well as to Spamcop. We will also take legal action against spamming site owners. Be warned!
8. Not to post other members' personal details, photos or web site details. Doing so will result in an instant ban.
9. Not to create multiple accounts. Any member found to have more than one account on the JapanBases.com Forum will be suspended. Suspended or banned members found creating additional accounts will be banned immediately.
10. Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.
11. Do not alter your display name or profile picture to match another member when responding to them in order to criticize, incite, or humiliate.
12. Do not post home based business ads or commercial advertisements within the forums. There is a place for this free of charge within the general classifieds area.
JB FORUM NETIQUETTE
1. Please do not post in your title or discussion all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.
2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.
3. If possible please proofread your post first. Poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.
4. Please do not post the same thing across multiple forums. Such posts will be deleted and only one post allowed to remain. If you have a discussion that fits multiple categories choose 1 that you feel fits the best. Most members look through the active topics list, and will see a recent discussion show up on the list.
5. Please do not quote multiple nested quotes. Quote only the relevant section that you are discussing. Moderators will snip excessively long nested quotes.
6. Please do not abuse the report function by multiple reports of the same thing, or by using it to score points against another member.
7. Please do not post off-topic responses in an attempt to hijack the thread. Such posts will be deleted.
9. Please do not respond to insults with more insults but rather use the report button to report inflammatory posts.
10. Please keep topics related to the forums they are in. Off Topic category is for those topics not covered in other forums. Other forums cover other issues, the forum title and description will tell you if you are posting the right thing in the right place.
JB OPSEC RULES
1. Do not post exact deployment dates or redeployment dates.
2. Do not reveal camp locations, including nearby cities. After the deployment is officially announced by Military officials, you may discuss locations that have been released, normally on the Country level.
3. Do not discuss convoy routes (“we traveled through Takrit on our way to X”).
4. Detailed information on the mission, capabilities or morale of a unit.
5. Specific names or actual nicknames.
6. Personnel transactions that occur in large numbers (Example: pay information, powers of attorney, wills, etc).
7. Details concerning security procedures, response times, tactics.
8. Don’t discuss equipment or lack thereof, to include training equipment.
9. Don’t speculate about future operations.
10. If posting pictures, don’t post anything that could be misconstrued or used for propaganda purposes. A good rule of thumb is to look at your picture without your caption or explanation and consider if it could be re-captioned to reflect poorly on coalition forces. For example, your image might show your Soldier rescuing a child from a blast site, but could be re-captioned to insinuate that the child being captured or harmed. (it’s happened!).
11. Avoid the use of count-up or count-down tickers for the same reason as rule #1.
12. Be very careful if posting pictures of your loved one. Avoid images that show significant landmarks near their base of operations, and black out last names and unit affiliations.
13. Do not, ever, post information about casualties (coalition or enemy) before the official release of the information.
14. Do not pass on rumors (“I heard they’re coming home early”, etc).