June 5, 2009
The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) will conduct a Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI)
aboard Commander Fleet Activities Yokosuka (CFAY) June 8-12. Naval Computer and Telecommunications Station Far East will be the lead element and coordinating activity for the CCRI. The inspection will consist of interviews, observations and a review of documentation to ensure that the entire base is maintaining an appropriate information security posture.
• Aware of these individuals in your spaces
• Familiar with your current SOPs and instructions
• Diligent in conducting your duties
• Professional in your actions
• Courteous and respectful - it goes a long way
• Your spaces and equipment
• Your roles, duties and responsibilities
• Information assurance/security related SOPs, instructions and policies
• Actions in situational scenarios (i.e. computer incident responses and reporting procedures)
• Points of contact for key information assurance/security personnel within your command (IAM, IAO, Security Manager, etc.)
• Answer questions professionally
• Perform your roles, duties and responsibilities IAW standards, policies and instructions
• Learn your spaces and their associated equipment
• Exercise the “need-to-know.” Do not give out information unnecessarily
• Challenge individuals in your spaces (check identification / access list)
• Escort individuals accordingly-don’t leave them wandering in your spaces
• Maintain information assurance/security records as required
• Prepare, prepare, prepare
It is important to remember that constant vigilance by all hands is vital to a successful information security program; information security is the tool that enables the successful warfighter.
underestimate the power & change Japanbases.com members can have."
Sign up for an ETC card today!